Thursday, October 25, 2012

Noreen Flanagan Nov. ed note: Twitter as delivery mechanism for print journalism

This fall, Noreen Flanagan, editor of the Canadian edition of Elle magazine, a rare fashion and beauty publication that consistently publishes writing in which individual writers' voices shine through, Tweeted out her editor's column in bursts of 140 characters or less.

 I watched it appear live on the screen, as she Tweeted this piece of writing, and it struck me as a different category of Twitter use than the ones I had previously identified.

Flanagan Tweeted her November editor's note, which, interestingly, was on the subject of her first Tweet.

The writing was engaging, as Flanagan's works does tend to be, but there was something captivating about watching it unfurl in real time.

 Rather than Storify, I suggest that people look the posts up and read them as they originally appeared on Twitter: @Noreen_Flanagan #ednote, Oct. 13, 2012.

There are 18 Tweets and they are fun to read, even as static posts.

 I will do my best to reproduce those Tweets here.

NOTE: This content is the property of Noreen Flanagan and Elle Canada.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment